Regardless of how much time has passed, we always have a place for you here. We hope that you will stay connected with us. If you are not on the mailing list, please fill out the Contact Form below and someone from our Alumni Association will reach out to you. You can also “Like” our Facebook Page and get our updates. Please update us often with news about your endeavors and accomplishments so we may share them with the greater Grace community!
STAY CONNECTED by completing the form below
Let us know:
- What accomplishments you’ve made
- Where you went to college
- How God and Grace were your foundation for reaching these goals.
Please email the Director of Communications with details and pictures to post on our website.
Alumni River Trip Registration
Alumni River Trip FAQs
What is the Alumni River Trip?
Did you have a blast on your 8th Grade Canoe Trip? This is a chance to experience the fun one more time with alumni and families. Bring your water toys, RVs, and family members to the Colorado River for an unforgettable day of canoeing adventure, fantastic food, and connections with other Grace Alumni.
- How much is it? Registration is $80 for the canoe trip & dinner or $20 for dinner only. Complete your registration HERE.
- When do I have to register by? In order to receive your free River Trip T-shirt, you must register before March 1, 2023. Registration will still be open until April 15th, but registrations after March 1st will not receive the free T-shirt. You need to book lodges as soon as possible to reserve your spot, lodging is not included in the registration.
- Are there a maximum number of canoes? Yes, There are only 20 canoes, which means we can have a max of 40 people canoeing. Registration will close once we hit 40 alumni.
- Is there a limit to dinner tickets? NO, there is no limit to the number of alumni or family members that can register for dinner.
- When does it start and end? The event begins on Saturday at 7:00 AM and ends after our Tri-Tip Dinner on Saturday Evening. However, feel free to come earlier and stay later.
- How many meals are provided? We will be providing 2 meals (Saturday breakfast and Saturday dinner). Otherwise, please bring your own food for lunch on Saturday and the length of your stay. You can also go to the Pirates Cove Restaurant for a hot meal as well.
- Will there be prizes? You bet.
- Will I have a good time? Oh yeah!
- What should I bring? Your own accommodations, clothes for canoeing, cell phone, clothes, jacket, flashlight, toiletries, lawn chair, snacks, something for lunch on Saturday, waterproof bag, your appetite, and a sense of adventure.
- Do we need to bring a canoe, paddle, or life jack? No, registration for the canoe trip includes everything you need to canoe. You just need to bring sunscreen, lunch, drinking water, and whatever else you may want to canoe with.
- Do we need to bring a boat? While boats are not required for the canoe trip, they are welcome. We will have at least one case boat, if you have a boat/watercraft and want to follow the canoes, you are more than welcome to bring your watercraft!
- Can we rent a boat? Boats and other watercraft can be rented at Arizona Watersports*
- Where? Our canoe base camp will be located at Pirates Cove Resort Site 25 on the Colorado River, just south of Needles, CA.
- Is this one day or all weekend? While the Alumni River Trip activities are only Saturday, it is recommended that you book lodging for the weekend. We are meeting at 7:00 AM Sat. morning and the activities will conclude with dinner in the early evening.
- Will we be lodging? Lodging is not provided. Please make reservations with Pirates Cove for either RV or cabin, or at a local hotel in Needles
- What skill level do I need to have? Evening if you haven’t canoed since 8th grade you will have fun, this trip is great for everyone from beginners to experts.
- Where are the nearest services? There are services nearby in Needles, CA, and Topock, AZ
- What’s the weather going to be like? Be prepared for hot days and cool evenings with possible strong winds. Please check with online weather services.
- When Should I book my lodging? ASAP! space is limited you should book your RV site, cabin, or hotel as soon as possible.
- Do I need to bring my own RV/sleeping accommodations? Yes, You are responsible to provide your own lodging (RV Site/Cabin/Hotel).
- Where can I rent an RV? www.rvrentalhavasu.com*
- Do I need to reserve an RV spot? Yes, Registration for the event does not include your site, You will need to book an RV site through www.piratecoveresort.com. Spots are limited so book soon.
- Will there be FULL RV hook-ups? Most sites have full hook-ups, and some are power only.
- I don’t have an RV and Don’t want to rent one: No problem, Pirates Cove Resort rents cabins. Or you can book a hotel in Needles, Ca.
- Can I rough it in a tent? Yes, however, you have to have an RV site booked at www.piratecoveresort.com
- What happens if I get hurt? You are responsible for all risk and liability while you are on the river. We suggest carrying a cell phone to be able to dial 911 in case of a medical emergency.
- How do I make sure I get my free Alumni River Trip T-Shirt? In order to receive your free River Trip T-shirt, you must register before March 1, 2023. Registration will still be open until April 15th, but registrations after March 1st will not receive the free T-shirt.
- What if something comes up and I have to cancel? If you need to discuss canceling your registration, please email Ben Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Who do I contact if I still have some questions? Contact Ben Elliott at email@example.com or 760-747-3029
*Grace Lutheran Church and Christian provide this list of providers as a courtesy only. The listing of an equipment provider on this page does not imply an endorsement of their products, services or safety records. River Trip attendees who choose to use these equipment providers do so at their own risk.