Good Afternoon Parents,
First, I would like to thank everyone for their flexibility over the past few months and for following all the guidelines that we have put in place to keep all our students and staff healthy.
Last week on January 14th, the state released a new Framework for schools: “COVID-19 and Reopening In-Person Instruction Framework & Public Health Guidance for K-12 Schools in California, 2020-2021 School Year”. For Grace to continue to stay open for in-person learning we are going to have to make a few changes to our reopening plan.
Here are changes that need to take place:
- ALL students K-8 are required to wear masks
- Masks must be worn at ALL times except for eating. Yes that means that students must wear them during recess and PE.
- Increase reminders to wash or sanitize hands
- Continue to have good ventilation while inside
- Decrease the amount of disinfectant spray during the school day around students. We will continue to use soapy water to wipe areas.
Since the mask change is going to be a big shift to our current plan, we will take the next two days to remind students of the new requirements. K-2 parents, please start having your child wear a mask to school and pack an extra. 3-8 parents, please encourage your child to start wearing their mask even while outside. On Monday, January 25th, ALL students will be required to follow the new guidance.
Thank you for doing your part to keep our campus open. I would like to remind everyone to continue to complete a full health screening including a temperature check at home before coming on to campus.
If you have any questions about the new guidance please do not hesitate to contact me.