General Info & Resources
For Grace employees:
Grace Christian School is proud to be accredited by both the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA)
Dress Code/Free Dress Guidelines/ANESI Uniforms
We trust that parents share our desire to foster high standards in every area of our school program, including dress and personal appearance. It is our experience that there is a correlation between student dress and student behavior and learning.
Consequently, our administrators and our faculty insist that each student be dressed in a way that will not hinder the educational process, which will promote a positive image among our students, and which will provide Christian witness to the community. With this in mind, Grace Christian School adheres to a school uniform policy for students.
Grace uses ANESI School Uniforms for our school uniform Company. All uniforms are ordered online.
Please read the Family Handbook, for specific Dress Code Requirements.
Policies & Procedures:
For the purpose of safety and security of students and members of Grace Lutheran Church and Christian School and to conform to our insurance policy guidelines, volunteers who wish to attend class field trips, spend time in the classroom or participate in overnight church and school activities as a chaperone, must first be approved by our volunteer screening process. This process includes a live scan fingerprinting and a Department of Justice background check.
For volunteer approval, please complete the following:
- Obtain a “Volunteer Request for Live Scan Service” form from the school or church office.
- Fill out the form and take it to AAA Live Scan of Escondido located at 431 West Grand Ave., #203, Escondido, CA 92025. Bring your driver’s license for I.D. and payment (Typically $20)
- Drop off the receipt for service to the Grace church or school office.
Volunteers will then be added to the approved volunteer list. Once approved, you will not need to renew.
Note: Live Scan Screening results are not transferable from one organization to another.
Leave a like and comment on our Facebook page!
Access All parents who have email addresses on file with the school have been sent their username and password either at the beginning of the school year or when they enrolled their child(ren) during the year. Upper class-men may also have their own username and password which allows them access to their class pages, grades, and assignments.
(Please note that these usernames and passwords will roll over into the new year if you are continuing with the school.)
If you have forgotten your username or password, once you click on the Gradelink Portal button below, please click the “Forgot Password” link. You will need to use the email address that the school has on file. If you are still unable to access the portal, please contact the school.
Families are welcome to join us for K-8 chapel at 8:30 AM on Wednesdays. Preschool Chapel is Friday at 9:15.
All visitors must enter through the school office.
ACTIVITIES, CLUBS & EVENTS
PTF Parent/Teacher Fellowship
The purpose of the Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF) is to unify parents, grandparents, guardians, teachers, and staff to enrich the spiritual and educational growth of our students. The PTF provides support to the school by raising funds through various activities and events throughout the year. These funds are allocated towards classroom enrichment, campus enhancement, parent education, and teacher development.
The PTF supports a number of annual projects and events including:
- Sponsors and Hosts the Uniform Resale
- Sponsors and Hosts the Harvest Festival
- Sponsors and Coordinates the Christmas Parade Float for the Annual Escondido Jaycees Parade
- Sponsors and Hosts “A Grand Day at Grace” (Grandparent/Grandfriend Day)
- Supports Father-Daughter Dance hosted by Grace Lutheran Church
- Supports Parent Information Meeting hosted by the school
- Sponsors and Coordinates Teacher Appreciation Week
- Sponsors and Hosts the End of Year BBQ and Field Day
- Sponsors and Hosts the End of Year School and Church Staff Appreciation Dinner
- Support and Coordination of Room Parents
- Funds 8th Grade Washington DC Trip Partial Scholarships
- Funds referees for middle School sporting events
- Sponsors the attendance of our educators at the Lutheran Educators Conference. This is a three-day conference hosted by the Pacific Southwest District School Ministries.
Additionally, funds raised by the PTF have paid for the following in the 2018/19 school year:
- Drinking fountain in the middle school area/ field (funding approved)
- New nets for volleyball and soccer (funding approved)
- New microphones for the sound system in the church (partial funding)
- Gym improvements including new paint
- Electronic Sign In & Out for families (partial funding)
- Repair of lighting in the lunch area
- Addition of an electronic gate at the back of the preschool area.
- Purchase of school safety equipment
Schedule of Upcoming PTF Events:
- All pending due to Covid-19
Schedule of Upcoming PTF Meetings:
- Can be found in the Paw Prints school newsletter.
Links to Important PTF Documents:
PTF Bylaws and Standing Rules
PTF executive board and members:
Church & School Leadership
The Elders and Board of Directors of Grace Lutheran Church serve Grace Christian School. The members of the Elders and Board of Directors are elected by the congregation. The Principal and Superintendent attend meetings of the Elders and Board of Directors and provide regular reports on church and school business. All budget, salary, tuition, and related decisions involving the administration of the church and school are made at the Board of Directors level. Parents and other interested individuals are welcome to attend meetings of the Board of Directors. Please contact the church office for more information. 760-745-0831